10/20/24

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 10/20

 
So often, Lord,
I let worry build the walls
that keep me from your grace,
from your desire to help me
   do the next right thing,
   speak the next right word
   and make the next right move...

Too often, Lord,
I isolate my spirit and I fail,
so slow am I to welcome
all the help, the lift, the gifts you offer
   when I'm trapped in my anxiety,
   doubt my self in fear
   and mistrust my will to do what I must do...

All too often, Lord,
I find reasons to excuse myself
from my responsibility
to seize the opportunity
   to reach out to my neighbor,
   to extend a helping hand,
   to speak up and break the silence...

Way too often, Lord, 
I'm much too quickly satisfied,
I give up long before I should,
I don't give all I have to give
   when worry weakens my resolve,
   when old fears frustrate my best plans,
   when doubt disarms my will to do what's right...

So, break through, Lord, I pray: 
break through my fear with your sure grace,
break through my worry with your peace,
break through my doubt and strengthen me
    to lift up those bowed down,
    to speak a word of truth,    
    to do the next right thing
    and to follow where your Spirit leads
    wherever that may be...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!