![]() |
| Image: George Mendoza |
Good morning, good God!
This morning, Lord, I offer you:
my desire to mend a friend's broken heart,
my knowing it's beyond my craft to do
and my prayer that you, great Healer of Hearts,
will touch, restore and fill her heart
as I know only you can do...
This morning, Lord, I offer you:
my desire to help a friend find faith,
my knowing that faith's not mine to give
and my prayer that you, with your Spirit's power
will open his heart to the hope and trust
my desire to help a friend find faith,
my knowing that faith's not mine to give
and my prayer that you, with your Spirit's power
will open his heart to the hope and trust
I know he needs to believe in your love...
This morning, Lord, I offer you:
my desire to cure a friend's illness,
my knowing that I'm not a doctor
and my prayer that you, the Divine Physician,
will treat and restore him to health and strength,
to his family, his work, his well-being...
my knowing that I'm not a doctor
and my prayer that you, the Divine Physician,
will treat and restore him to health and strength,
to his family, his work, his well-being...
This morning, Lord, I offer you:
my desire for a friend to get out of jail,
my knowing I don't hold the keys
and my prayer that you, most Merciful Judge,
will free his heart to accept what comes
and to trust in you and your care for him...
my desire for a friend to get out of jail,
my knowing I don't hold the keys
and my prayer that you, most Merciful Judge,
will free his heart to accept what comes
and to trust in you and your care for him...
This morning, Lord, I offer you:
my desire to help my friend who's depressed,
my knowing I often don't know what to say
and my prayer that you, all Wisdom and Grace
will calm her anxious and fearful soul
and bring her serenity, calm and peace...
my desire to help my friend who's depressed,
my knowing I often don't know what to say
and my prayer that you, all Wisdom and Grace
will calm her anxious and fearful soul
and bring her serenity, calm and peace...
This morning, Lord, I have so much to offer:
my desires, self-knowledge,
my desires, self-knowledge,
- most of all my prayer -
that you will touch my friends' precious lives
with your healing and gifts,
with wholeness and health,
with your freedom and mercy,
with your freedom and mercy,
with the grace of your presence,
your peace and deep joy...
Oh, and Lord!
I could use some of these gifts myself
I could use some of these gifts myself
- and I promise to share whatever you give!
Amen.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!