9/4/26

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 9/4

 
What an amazing gift, Lord!
What an unexpected blessing,
    a mercy undeserved: 
        you never tire of me!
 
You never tire of
    my persistent laziness,
    my unrelenting apathy,
    my purposeful indifference,
    my prejudiced opinions,
    my selfish lack of charity, 
    my altering the truth,
    my often foolish choices,
    my well-rehearsed bad habits,
    my reliable uncertainty;
    my knack for judging rashly,
    my unjust words and deeds, 
    my eagerness to criticize.
    my skills for self-indulgence,
    and my flair for mediocrity...
 
Your patience with me, Lord, is inexhaustible;
    your restraint, beyond compare;
    your forbearance, never-ending;
    your kindness, more than lavish, 
    your understanding, unfathomable, 
    your leniency, benevolent 
    and your mercy, wider, deeper
        than any I deserve...
 
All this because you, Lord, never tire
    of washing my slate clean,
    of giving me a second chance,
        (or third or fourth or more!)
    another opportunity 
        to try again to follow
            your wisdom, word and way.  
 
Wake me to your tireless love
    and let me not grow weary, Lord, 
of taking time each day
    to praise and bless your holy name
        by which I'm saved and freed.. 
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
Tonight's song couldn't be any simpler or more true - you may want to listen a couple of times..
 
The Steadfast Love of the Lord by Dave Hunt
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here! 
 
 
 
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases,
his mercies never come to an end,
they are new every morning, new every morning,
great is thy faithfulness, O Lord...
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!