9/28/26

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 9/28


O Lord, how I wish there were 
a fast-forward button 
on my hopes, my dreams,
    my expectations - on my life! 
  
I know, Lord, that you know:
    what's coming down the road,
    how my future will unfold,
    what changes lie ahead and how
    you'll answer all my prayers.
So if you know, Lord
    - and I know you're never wrong -
then why the wait? 
    what's the delay?
    what keeps you from speeding things up
    or giving me come clues, even a vague hint...
 
And an email or a text would be fine
    - you have contact info!
...   ...   ...   
 
Good!  
I got all that out of my system, Lord,
    and that helps.
And yes, I know...
    you have your reasons and your ways,
    you have your wisdom and your plans,
    you have your own way of doing things;
I know that life unfolds on your schedule, not on mine:
    all in your good time, Lord,  
    all things in your good time...

So tonight, rather than pray for a sneak preview
I'll pray for patience, Lord, 
the patience I need 
    to walk with you
        - at your pace,
    to wait with you
        - with trust and hope
    to watch for how you lead me
        - in your wisdom, with your grace...
 
Patience, Lord.. I pray for patience:
    help me hope and trust in you,
    in your love and in your plan         
    and in all the ways your grace unfolds
     - all in your good time...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

If a video does not appear below, click here!

In His Time by Diane Ball



  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!