9/27/26

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 9/27


On Sundays, Night Prayer will focus on an element from the day's celebration of Mass. Today's scriptures (especially the first reading and the gospel) urge us toward a change of heart and mind as we stand before our God...

Lord, some things in my life need changing
    and I wish these changes would happen overnight
but change comes slowly to me -
    perhaps because I come so slowly to change...

Help me change, Lord,
    help me change…
 

Open me
    to the changes I want to make
    the changes I need to make,
    the changes you're calling me to make...

Change me from the inside out!
Reboot my heart
    ‘til it beats in rhythm with yours, Lord,
    ‘til my heart’s in sync
    with your wisdom, word and will...
 

Change and stretch me, Lord,
    to become, to be
        the person you created me to be...
 

Stretch me, Lord,
    ‘til I’m satisfied with being nothing less
        than the person you created me to be...
 

Open my eyes, Lord,
    to see your Spirit at work in my life
helping me to change,
    day by day by day...
 

Open my ears to hear your voice
     guiding me through the changes I need to make...

Open my mouth in prayer to ask for your help
    in making the changes I most need to make...
 

Open my mind to know and to learn
    how my thoughts and ideas might need to change…
 

Open my hands to work for change
    that will serve and help and lift up my neighbor…
 

Open me to changes I need to make
    in places I’m now complacent, smug and content…
 

Open my heart to your Spirit, Lord,
    changing, shaping and molding me in your image…
 

Open me to the ways you’re leading and guiding me
    through changes I don’t want to make
    and changes I’m afraid to make,
    and changes that I need to make:
        the changes, Lord, that you by grace
             are working to make in me... 

So much in my life needs change, Lord, 
  so I pray you’ll
    heal what’s wounded, mend what’s broken,
    sweeten what’s soured, refresh what’s lost,
    and refresh what’s grown weary within me…

Change me, Lord:
    help me serve those in need,
    cheer those in sorrow,
    comfort those who grieve,
    stand with those who stand alone
    and rejoice with those whose hearts are glad…

Change me, Lord, in all the ways
    you and I know I need to change,
especially when I’m slow to change
    or even resist and refuse to change…

You humbled yourself on the Cross, Lord,
    you opened and emptied yourself for me,
    you exchanged your life for mine
     that I might have life forever,
     that I might have life and peace with you…
 
Now change me, Lord, change me, I pray:
    humble, open and empty my heart
    for the sake of all whose paths cross mine,
    for the glory of your name…

Protect me, Lord, while I’m awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace…

Amen.

Change My Heart by Maranatha Music

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!