9/29/26

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 9/29

 
My most important task in this life, Lord
   is to know you and to love you
and apart from that
  -  nothing else is important -
except insofar as someone or something 
   might help me grow
        in my knowledge and love of you...

As quick as I am to say I love you
   (and it's likely I say this
      too often, too quickly)
I'm not so quick to say I know you
    - but how can I love you 
          if I don't know you?
And could I ever know you
    - and not come to love you? 

I want to know you better, Lord!
I want to know you
     - better than I know myself -
better than anyone or anything 
    that keeps me from knowing 
        - and loving you...

Then teach me to know you, Lord:
   to know you 
        and all of your loving ways,
   to know you 
        and find the depth of your truth,
   to know you, Lord, above all else
        that I might come to love you...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
Knowing You by GUC
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here...

Lord I wanna know you
Better than I know myself
Teach me Lord, to know your ways
To know your truth...

Lord I wanna know you
Better than I know me
Teach me Lord, to know your ways
To know your truth...

Lord I wanna know you
Better than I know my weakness

Teach me Lord, to know your ways
To know your truth...

Lord I wanna know you
Better than I know myself
Teach me Lord, to know your ways
To know your truth...

Lord I wanna know you
Better than I know my weakness

Teach me Lord, to know your ways
To know your truth...

Rid me of the pride of this world
So that I can see you clearly
Teach me Lord,
To know your ways

Strip me of the pride of this world
So that I can see you clearly
Teach me Lord,
To know your ways

Strip me, strip me of this pride
So that I can see you clearly
Teach me Lord
To know your ways...

Keep on calling
Calling, I will answer
Keep on drawing
Drawing, I will come... (3 x)


Lord I truly wanna know you
Better than I know me
Teach me Lord, to know your ways
To know your truthLord I wanna know you
Better than I know my weakness
Teach me Lord, to know your ways
To know your Truth

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!