10/3/26

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 10/3

Prayer comes, Lord,
    when I put my foot on the brake
       and pull off life's highway, 
    when I step aside from my schedule   
       and make some time to be still, 
    when I clear some space in my mind 
      and find a place in the chapel of my heart
         and wait upon your presence...

And waiting can be the hard part... 

I know you're there, by my side
    but I wait to see you,
       not with my eyes but with my heart...
    I wait to hear you,
       not with my ears but in your word...
    I wait for your touch,
       not on my skin but on my soul...

I wait for your presence beside me, around me,
   and especially within me:
and your presence, Lord, is a fine mist,
    translucent, spun of the Spirit's breath,
it's a soft but steady light
  glowing in the shadows of my heart,
    burning with a warmth my soul desires...
 
And though I wait to find you, Lord,
   I know that first   
    - it's you who waits for me...

You wait all day 
`for me to call upon your name...
You wait for me to slow my step 
`and find you by my side...
You wait for me 
    to nod in your direction,
    to tip my grateful heart towards you,
    to open my soul's windows to your grace...

You wait for me 
    with help for this day's problems...
You wait for me 
    with mercy for my failings...
You wait for me 
    with healing for my bruises...
You wait for me 
    with peace to ease my sorrow...
You wait for me 
    with light to fill my darkness...
You wait for me 
    with grace to bless my nights...
 
You wait for me 
    to make some time and find a place
where I might rest 
    and wait for you...

You love me while I wait for you
    who wait for me
        with loving, open arms...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
Wait For Me by Zach Williams
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!