5/3/08

Pentecost Novena - Second Day


Image from Monastery Icons

Day One/Introduction to Novena

Pentecost Novena to the Holy Spirit

Veni, Sancte Spiritus!
(see sidebar for music)

From today's scripture:
I am reminding you, brothers and sisters,
of the Gospel I preached to you,
which you indeed received
and in which you also stand.

Through it you are also being saved,
if you hold fast to the word I preached to you,
unless you believed in vain.
For I handed on to you as of first importance
what I also received:

that Christ died for our sins
in accordance with the Scriptures;
that he was buried;
that he was raised on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures...
1 Corinthians 15:1-8

For whom, for what shall we pray?
-
How have we forgotten the Gospel in our lives?

- How might the Holy Spirit remind us of its truths?

- Have I grown slack in "holding fast" to God's Word?

- Of all that I believe, which things are of "first importance?"
Are these my priorities?

Let us pray:
Come, Holy Spirit of God!
Refresh in us a love for the Lord's Word;
make firm God's truths in our hearts and lives;
and strengthen us in what really matters
in our faith, in our hopes and in our love...

Come, Holy Spirit,
fill the hearts of your people
and kindle in us the fire of your love.
Send forth your Spirit and we shall be created
and you will renew the face of the earth.

Our Father... Hail Mary... Glory be...

Veni, Sancte Spiritus!
(see sidebar for music)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!