7/23/08

GardenSnob agrees: wheat will survive weeds!


Image by GardenSnob

Here's another image of weeds among the wheat! (Click on image for a larger version of the wheat and the weeds!)

GardenSnob is a new blog: a review of gardening books, photos, tools and ideas. This blog is the work of a fine friend on a small farm who also worships in ConcordPastor's parish. I recommend it for both the garden obsessed and for folks like myself who neither plant nor weed nor harvest but who find such reading really interesting. (I'm no gourmet cook, either, but I love to watch cooking shows!)

See what GardenSnob has to say about wheat and weeds and be sure to take a peek at three residents of GardenSnob's place: Sweet, Sour and Spicy, and here they are having lunch!

I'm adding GardenSnob to the links section of the sidebar for easy reference.


-ConcordPastor

2 comments:

  1. Don't know if you know the expression "Hog Heaven," but that is what Sweet, Sour and Spicy are experiencing at their lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you live on a small farm? Is there something on your farm that you never thought of using to make extra income? Well, I am going to give you some ideas on how to take your small farm and monetize it. Here are a few examples of how I make money on my farm. After reading this article, I have no doubt that you will be making extra income from something that you enjoy doing.

    Do you have chickens? Ever thought about selling farm fresh eggs? My neighbors are always putting in an order for farm fresh eggs. I sell an average of 20 dozen per week at $2.25 per dozen! I started out with one customer, and by word of mouth, I now have about 15 weekly customers and that number continues to grow. I now need to increase my laying hens.

    Do you have a small garden? Ever think about selling farm fresh produce? I sell fresh tomatoes, potatoes, cabbage, squash, cucumbers and much more. I do this right from my farm. I have no need to go to the farmers market. Once you build a good reputation with your neighbors, the word gets out and you will have more demand then you can supply. Everyone wants fresh farm products and really do want to support their local farmers. It’s a win-win solution for everyone.

    Do you have a milk cow? Sell fresh farm milk to your neighbors! Or maybe you have plenty of timber for firewood? There are many ways to optimize your small farm and learn how to live a more self sufficient healthy lifestyle at the same time.

    I could keep going, but I think you get the point. All of these hobbies can really add up and everyone benefits.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!