8/28/08

The sun sets on my vacation...


Image by ConcordPastor (click for larger version)This is my last night on the Cape and the penultimate night of my vacation. The photo above is the sun setting at Kalmus Beach in Hyannis early this evening.

My time away has been relaxing and restful and I'm grateful for every day of it. People will ask me "What did you do on vacation?" The best answer I can give is, "Well, not much."
I spent the first week with two friends and these last two weeks alone - and enjoyed both experiences very much. Lots of sleeping in late, reading newspapers at a leisurely pace, crossword puzzles, blogging, lots of good food and most of all - many days of peace and quiet...(For the folks who have been wondering if I shaved my head while I was away: I did not.)

I'm pleased to be returning to Concord - and pleased that we still have this one last weekend on our summer Mass schedule!

I've been looking at the scriptures and getting ready to preach after several weeks away from the ambo. And I hope you have been looking at this Sunday's scriptures, too!

Thanks for being here with me in cyber space - and for all your comments!

And one last time...




(And now I'm off to my last night at Embargo!)

-ConcordPastor

2 comments:

  1. For what it is worth, (coming from someone you know but don't know who is writing), I am very glad and grateful that you had a good vacation. You deserve it and so much more. I will pray that you have a great day tomorrow and a safe and healthy return trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you didn't shave your head!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!