4/15/13

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 4/16



Oh my God!

When we saw, when we heard,
   when we learned what had happened,
      our mouths opened wide and we called upon you,
         Oh my God!

When violence visited our city streets,
   when hatred shattered our springtime joy,
      then we wept from our hearts,  
         Oh my God!

When we couldn't believe this pain and this loss
   had been schemed and planned and intended,
      then we cried from our souls,  
         Oh my God!

We don't understand how this happens, Lord...

We don't understand why you let the innocent
   suffer such wounds...

We don't understand how our planet's become home
   to hatred, danger and fear...

We've let this happen, Lord: and we don't understand...

So we pray...

Oh my God!
Open your arms to those who have died
   and to those they have left behind...

Oh my God! 
Heal the wounded
   and make whole the souls 
      of those most seriously injured...

Oh my God! 
Strengthen our resolve to work for peace
   and to make of the earth once again
      the garden you made long ago...

Oh my God! 
With your love and peace to console us,
   gently wipe the tears from our eyes
      and teach us always to call on your name...

Amen.
     


HolyFamilyParish
   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!