11/17/14

A year later: remembering and praying...

Photo by MDH
(I posted this a year ago today when my Aunt Ann passed from this life to life with God forever.  I've left the place for a name open here today for any and all to include their own loved ones in this prayer...)

Sometimes all you can do is hold a hand and pray:
and in the holding, in the prayer, 
there is God... 
Let us pray...
We commend you,  _______,
to almighty God
and we entrust you to your Creator.
May you return to God
who formed you from the dust of the earth.

May Holy Mary, the angels, and all the
saints

come to meet you as you go forth from this life. 

May Christ who was crucified for you
bring you to his garden of paradise.
May Christ, the true Shepherd,
receive you as one of his flock.
May he forgive all your sins,
and set you among those he has chosen.

May you see your Redeemer face to face,
and enjoy the vision of God forever.

Amen.



The Lord is my shepherd, therefore can I lack nothing.
He shall feed me in a green pasture; 
and lead me forth beside the waters of comfort.
He shall convert my soul; 
and bring me forth in the paths of righteousness, 
for his Name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil; 
for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff comfort me.
Thou shalt prepare a table before me against them that trouble me; 
thou hast anointed my head with oil, and my cup shall be full.
But thy loving-kindness and mercy shall follow me 
all the days of my life; 
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!