3/13/15

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 3/14


This weekend brings us to the Fourth Sunday of Lent, the halfway point of these 40 days. There are two ways to look at this: "Lent is half over!" - or - "We're halfway to Easter!"  Today the somber purple of Lent is lightened to rose and the words of the liturgy call us to rejoice, even in this season of sacrifice and penance...  And isn't life often just like that?  Calling us to rejoice when our hearts are heavy? That might be a good starting place for our prayer today...

Lord,

help me find your Spirit's joy
when it seems that nothing's going well...

help me find your peace and comfort
when I'm burdened with my grief...

help me find safe refuge in your arms
when I don't know where to turn...

help me find the gifts of faith and trust
when my mind is filled with doubts...

help me find your wisdom's counsel
when I don't know what to think or do...

help me find new hope in you, Lord,
when it seems all hope is gone...

help me find your grace and strength
when I'm surrounded by temptation...

help me find your healing love
when I'm angry and resentful...

help me know your gentle presence
when I'm feeling most alone...

help me find true joy today, Lord,
in the middle of these 40 days,
just halfway to Easter...

Amen.





     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!