6/15/15

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 6/16


Image source

How came I, Lord,
to be born when I was,
one particular day and hour,
of the parents who brought me to life in this world?
Whatever the circumstances, time and place,
I came as your own, Lord,
unique in your eyes,
a child of your love and your grace...

How came I, Lord,
to the talents and gifts
that are mine to develop and share:
the talents I've used, the gifts I've hidden,
the gifts I rejoice in and those I fear?
All I have comes from you, Lord,
from no other source:
each gift a sure sign
of your love and your grace...

How came I, Lord,
to the story that's mine,
for weal or for woe,
with its good times and bad,
inscribed in my words and my deeds?
Whatever my tale of good choices and bad,
I'm writing the story of your love for me:
how I welcome or turn from your grace...

How came I, Lord,
to this time of prayer,
to this moment of rest in your shade?
You've called me here, Lord,
by your Spirit I'm drawn,
and I'm calmed to consider
that all that is mine, indeed my whole life,
is your love and your grace
alive in my soul...


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!