10/4/16

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 10/4

Image source

I offer you my thanks
for your divine imagination,
your playful wisdom shaping earth,
her seasons and their beauty

Who first knew your plan, O Lord,
for shorter days and autumn chill
to sap the summer's chlorophyll
from leafy, shady boughs?

I see revealed in summer's loss,
in each tree's seasoned death,
your glory: gold and russet,
purple patched and crimson crowned

A gift of longer nights,
these hidden hues now bared
expose on every branch your hand
bestowing blessings on the breeze

Fall's light now softly filters
through leaves aglow within:
all so simple, Lord, your artistry,
delightful and divine

When my hope's green has faded
paint my soul in autumn hues,
illumined with that holy light
whose only source is you...

I offer you my thanks, Lord
for leaves that sigh and fall
and pad the path I walk, the way
I wander in your grace...

Amen.





   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments      Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!