5/18/20

Monday Morning Offering: 5/18

Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

I offer you this morning, Lord,
the joy of all who'll find today
some help, some rest, a friend, a job,
some time to laugh, a healing
of their body, mind or soul...

And I offer you the heavy hearts
of those bent low by sorrow, loss and grief, 

by pain and illness, doubt and fear:
the hearts of all who weep today 

and call upon your name...

I offer you the peace of those
who will this day find healing, hope and calm,
a deeper faith and trust in you

and in your mercy and forgiveness... 
 

I offer you the wounded hearts
of those who've lost so much 

in love, in war, in disappointment,
in promises not kept and now long broken...
 

I offer you the faith of hearts 
reaching for your saving hand 
when strength for reaching's gone
and hunger for your touch is all there is...
 

I offer you the hope of hearts
who seek your peace when peace is gone,

your wisdom when confusion reigns,
your light when darkness clouds their thoughts...
 

I offer you the love of hearts
who pine for better days, now past,

but trust that joy will come again
in your good time, in your good time...

I offer you the hearts of all 
who gather here in prayer, Lord:
receive our joyful, sorrowed souls
and bless our day, our week, with peace...

Amen. 






     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!