6/12/20

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 6/12



Another day, Lord:
   your gift to me to open
      in my heart and in my hands...

Another day, Lord:
   a challenge to accept and not avoid;
      a mystery to be lived, not to solve...

Another day, Lord:
   not like any day before nor any day to come
      but, indeed, the only day that's truly mine...

Another day, Lord,
   and though I fear it or want to flee it,
      with your help - I'll face and live it...

Tomorrow's not yet here, Lord, and yesterday is gone
   so it's a brand new day for me to live.
      just one day at a time...   

Another day, not "just" another day:
   today's the day that you've made, Lord,
      for me to make my own...

I thank you for this day, Lord, whatever it may hold,
   help me generously share it
      with all whose paths cross mine...

Amen.





   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!