1/4/22

12 Days of NIGHT PRAYER for Christmas 1/4


 
When do the Twelve Days of Christmas begin?   They begin Christmas Day itself, leading us to TWELFTH NIGHT, the eve of Epiphany, January 6.  Through these dozen days, Night Prayer will focus each evening on one of the many gifts we've received from God.  Tonight: the hands of Jesus...
 
On the eleventh day of Christmas,
the good Lord gave to me:
    Gifts of the Spirit,
    Jesus' hands to help me,
    God's Word abiding,
    Mercy after mercy,
    New Year beginning,
    Hope for tomorrow,
    Friends as good as gold,
    Faith in God above,
    Angels sent from heaven,
    Shepherds keeping watch
    And a Child born in Bethlehem town!
 
Any portion of wisdom I claim as my own, Lord,
    is your Spirit's gift, 
        infusing my mind and thoughts with light...
 
 When I seek to understand what my faith reveals
    your Spirit leads me to understand,
        to believe what I cannot fully grasp...
        
The counsel that guides what I choose and decide, 
    is  your Spirit's pull on my moral compass:
        to do what is just and love what is good...

The strength I find to follow you
    is your Spirit's gift of the courage I need
           to walk the way of your Cross...
 
That I know you, O God, that I know you at all,
    is knowledge born of the Spirit's grace
        opening my soul to eternity...
 
The impulse to serve and worship you
    is a gift of your Spirit, moving me
        to own you as my Creator, O God...

To meet you in prayer is the Spirit's gift,
    reverence and awe before your face
        my eyes meeting yours in peace... 

Without the gifts of your Spirit, Lord,
    I would not seek you, I could not find you,
        I would not know your face, your grace...

Only your Spirit's generous gifts
    quicken my faith, enlighten my mind
        and open my heart to life with you...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep,
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.

               
Hymn of the Holy Spirit by Pat Barrett

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
 
Holy Spirit, guide my vision 
Help me see the way You see 
Always Jesus, ever Jesus 
Christ in all as Christ in me 
 
Holy Spirit, guide my speaking 
Words of grace and truth abound 
Let my lips be filled with stories 
Of the mercy that I've found 
 
You’re the light, You’re my path 
You’re the shepherd of my soul 
All I am, all I have 
Holy Spirit, lead me on
 
Holy Spirit, guide my hearing 
Wake my ears to words You speak 
In the thunder, in the stillness 
Let Your voice be clear to me 
 
Holy Spirit, lead me onward 
Walking through the great unknown 
Trusting, leaning, holding, clinging 
Till the day You lead me home
 
O guide my feet,  O guide my feet
Lead me on, lead me on,
Holy Spirit open up my eyes
Holy Spirit, open my heart
Open up my ears
O would you show me where you lead me,
I will follow
 
You’re the light, You’re my path 
You’re the shepherd of my soul 
All I am, all I have 
Holy Spirit, lead me on
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!