1/3/22

12 Days of NIGHT PRAYER for Christmas 1/3


 
When do the Twelve Days of Christmas begin?   They begin Christmas Day itself, leading us to TWELFTH NIGHT, the eve of Epiphany, January 6.  Through these dozen days, Night Prayer will focus each evening on one of the many gifts we've received from God.  Tonight: the hands of Jesus...
 
On the tenth day of Christmas,
the good Lord gave to me:
    Jesus' hands to help me,
    God's Word abiding,
    Mercy after mercy,
    New Year beginning,
    Hope for tomorrow,
    Friends as good as gold,
    Faith in God above,
    Angels sent from heaven,
    Shepherds keeping watch
    And a Child born in Bethlehem town!
 

When I'm anxious and afraid, Lord,
    you take my hand in yours...
 
When I'm lost and all alone,
    your hands reach out to find me...
 
When I'm burdened and bent low,
    your strong hands lift me up...

When I've nothing left to offer,
    your hands fill mine with grace...
 
When my hands are slack and idle,
    your hands set mine to work...
 
When my hands are stiff and weak,
    your hands supply my strength...

When I've lost my grip on hope,
    your hands keep me from falling...
 
When I lift my hand in anger,
    your hand stays mine with peace...
 
When I start to drift away from you,
    your hands reach out to pull me back...

Your hands, O Lord, are gifts to me:
    may the work of my hands
        give you glory and praise forever...
  
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
               
Hand of God by Ernstly Etienne

If video doesn't appear below, click here! 
 
 

VERSE 1
You know exactly what I walk through
You know exactly what I need
You fill my heart with faith to trust You
I lift my hands as I believe

CHORUS
You’re the God of healing
Restoration power
Nothing is too hard
For the working hand of God
Come release Your healing
I know You are willing
Nothing is too hard
For the hand of God

VERSE 2
You won’t forsake the weak and weary
The heart of heaven You reveal
I speak Your name and I see victory
I speak Your name and I am healed

BRIDGE
You take our sickness
And remove our disease
You take our weakness
To be the strength that we need
You take our bondage
And You unlock every chain
To keep Your promise
Over again and again

CHORUS 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!