1/4/22

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 1/4

Image source


Only a few days into the new year, Lord,
but my heart's already filled
with all the blessings and the burdens
a heart is shaped to hold...

• So here are my sorrows, Lord,
along with those of all who grieve some loss,
         (_______________________) 
lifted up in prayer,
seeking comfort in your arms...

• And here, my joys, Lord,
and those of every happy soul I know,
        (_______________________)                                       
lifted up in prayer
together with our thanks and praise...

• And here are my needs, Lord, 
along with those with greater needs than mine,
         (_______________________) 
lifted up in prayer:
help us make it through the day ahead...
 
• And here, Lord, my family and my friends,
held so close to my own heart,
        (_______________________) 
lifted up in prayer:
may your face shine warm upon them...

• And here's the world I live in, Lord:
divided, broken, wounded,
        (_______________________)
lifted up in prayer
for you to heal with grace and peace... 

Only a few days into the new year, Lord,
and my heart's already filled
with burdens and with blessings
so I lift my prayer to you
in whom I place my trust
and find my help and hope,
today and through the year ahead...

Amen.  

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!