2/26/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 2/26


Ash Wednesday is March 2...
 
I've been posting, Lord,
about getting ready for Lent 
and what I might do over 40 days
to become a more faithful disciple
of you, your word and your love...

And just tonight I remembered
something really important:
I need to ask, I need to wonder, I need to pray:
    "What do you want to do in my life, Lord,
        in Lent of 2022?"

I have no doubt you'll take advantage
of how Lent might more fully open 
my mind and heart, my words and deeds,
to you, your word and your love...

Regardless of my plans for Lent, Lord,
you have plans for me in this season,
for my life at home, at work, at school,
in a world shaken by war in Ukraine,
and its threat to the peace of the world...
 
So, open my heart in prayer, Lord, 
and help me consider:
    what you want for me this, Lent;
    how you'd have me grow and change;
    what you'd have me fast from
        and leave behind;
    what sacrifice you might call me to make;
    how you call me to serve those in need;
    how you want to make your home in my life;
    how you wait all day and all through the night
        for me to come to you in prayer;
    what blessings you have in store for me
        in these 40 days of grace...
 
Let my fasting make room in my heart for you;
    may my fasting lead me to deeper prayer
        and my prayer lead me to serve those in need...
 
Whatever your plans for me this, Lent:
    help me know them, Lord;
    help we welcome the ways you call me to grow;
    open my mind, my thoughts and my prayer
        to you and what you have planned for me
            in Lent of 2022...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
Tonight's song is hardly Lenten -
    but it's all about God's plan for me!
 
God's Got a Plan for Me by Andrae Crouch
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
 
Way back when
before there was a color tv
there was a God who made me
and had a plan, too
 
Way back when, way back then,
before there was a color tv
There was a God who made me 
and he always had a plan for me 
 
Don't be surprise, recognize
Don't be surprise just recognize cause 
he's the author of my destiny 
I'll follow him because he's gotta plan for me 
 
Let me tell you something now 
He saw something in me 
I could not see for myself
In him I live and move - and have my being
 
Way back when, way back then 
before we even went to the moon.
God always had a plan for me 
You had a big plan for my life
 
I love you, Lord, I got to tell everybody 
Well there'll be low's and there'll be highs 
But one thing for sure you'll never leave our side 
 
Way back when, way back then 
before I even knew my name
God had a plan for me 
Listen, everything that's given to me was such a privilege
I want him to use me up until there's nothin' left
 
Don't be surprised just recognize 
that he's the author of my destiny (Alpha and Omega) 
So I'll follow him because he's got a plan for me. 
You know good Lord you got a plan for me
Ain't gonna trust in myself 
cause then there  ain't no guarantee 
No guarantee without him ya'll
Oh I'll follow him cause then I have security 
Yea nothing in the world secure ya'll
I'm gonna trust in the Lord he's the author of my destiny 
I'll follow because he's gotta plan for me (I'll follow him, yea) 
Ain't gonna trust in myself 
because then there ain't no guarantee 
Oh I'll follow him cause then I have security 
I'm gonna trust in the lord cause he's the author of my destiny 
I could not make it without him
I'll follow him 
In him I live, I move and have my being
Ah, oh I'll follow him I'm gonna trust in the Lord 
cause he's the author of my destiny 

. . .

I finally see he took the blinds away
Yea, oh, good God this is so good!
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!