5/10/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 5/10

 

Something 'bout the setting sun 
turns my heart   
to musing on times past, 
returning to remember
times of sorrow,
times of joy...
 
Something 'bout the end of day
finds me rummaging,
sorting through my memories, 
sorting out the best ones, sifting 
through an attic's hidden treasures...

Something 'bout this evening, Lord, 
stirs my grateful heart 
with souvenirs 
of long-ago-but-not-forgotten joy,  
of peace embedded 
deep within my soul...

Something 'bout this eventide 
comforts and consoles,
reminding me, 
in good times and in bad:
you've always been my best, 
my beloved, my trusted friend...

Something in the twilight, Lord, 
renews my faith,
makes fresh my hope
and kindles in my heart of hearts, 
the embers of your kindness,
the fire of your love...

Something 'bout the setting sun 
now turns my heart to you, Lord, 
with soulful, happy memories, 
with dreams and sweet imaginings 
to keep me safe in sleep 
throughout the night...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake,
keep vigil while I sleep,
that awake, I keep the watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen. 

Tonight's song is a guitar instrumental - the second half is my favorite part.  Daniel Bachman plays us a beautiful musical sunset - something you might enjoy sitting with for a while, at least as long you like... 

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
  
Song For The Setting Sun II by Daniel Bachman



  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!