7/15/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 7/15

Sometimes, Lord, 
a piece of news falls into in my lap, 
landing softly,
though I'm sure, without doubt,
I'll soon come to know
the weight of its story,
it's burden of worry
the freight of its grief in my heart...
 


Is it just what I feared
    - or all unforeseen?
 
Something beginning
    or something ending?
 
A problem to solve
    or a mystery unveiled?
 
A turning point
    - or a point of no return?
 
Or is it all of these, Lord,
rolled into one,
where the mystery's undone,
the burden made light,
only 
in accepting the whole? 

Help me then, Lord, to receive and hold
    what news may land in my lap
and to bear the weight of its burden
    as I might hold a feather:
        tenderly,
        gently,
        with careful attention,
        praying humbly 
        for the grace of peaceful acceptance...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...
 
Amen. . .
 
I just discovered composer Dan Forrest whose work,
I think you'll agree, is both exquisite and prayerful...
 
Come To Me by Dan Forrest
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here
 
         


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!