8/19/22

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 8/20


Among all the distractions
   whirling within and around me,
help me stop each day to pause, to pray
   to pay attention to you, Lord...

Help me pay attention
   to how you pay attention to me:
      24/7, ever watchful in your vigil,
         night and day...

Help me attend to the words you speak,
      whispered in my heart,
words to guard and guide me
   and keep me from harm's way...

Help me attend to your Spirit,
   moving in my thoughts and plans;
help me attend to what you ask of me
   and walk the path you chart for me today...

Help me pay attention to all whose paths
   will intersect with mine today;
help me attend to their burdens and their needs
   and what gifts of peace they offer me...

Make me mindful of you, Lord:
    help me pause for prayer today and in the quiet 
- just sit still - and pay attention 
    to the silence of your presence...
 
Amen.

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!