8/24/22

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 8/24


 
I'm thinking, Lord, of all the ways my life is 
touched, bruised, blessed, shaped and changed
    by family and by friends,
    by strangers passing by,
    by grudges and resentments,
    by others' smiles and tears,
    by attention and neglect,
    by a generous helping hand,
    by an understanding glance,
    by gentleness and harshness,
    by compassion and indifference,
    by an understanding glance or gaze,
    by the smallest deed of kindness
        done in secret and with love...

All of which causes me to wonder, 
how does my life, Lord,
touch, bruise, bless, shape and change the lives
    of my family and my friends,
    of strangers passing by,
    of those I live and work with,
        those entrusted to my care,
    of those who serve my needs,
    of those I disagree with,
    of those who most annoy me,
    of those who lift me up,
    of those who need my help,
    of those whom I've offended...
 
How does my life, Lord,
touch, bruise, bless, shape and change the lives
of those who wait for how my life might
    touch and bless and shape and change them,
might calm and heal and mend and free
    someone in need, someone alone,
    a troubled soul, a broken heart,
    someone left out, abandoned, shunned,
    someone with gifts who wants to share,
a brother, sister, stranger, friend
    who waits, like me, for someone else
    to touch and bless, shape and change
    the life we've each been given...
 
Someone who waits like me, Lord,
    for the smallest deed of kindness
    done in secret and with love...

Help us be gentle, Lord, in all the ways our lives 
    touch, brush, grace and bless
        the lives of those around us...

Amen.
        

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!