8/9/22

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 8/9


 I've posted this several times over the years, originally as a Monday Morning Offering.   I'm posting it again because I know several  folks who might find this prayer helpful today - even, indeed, many of us...

Lord, I offer you the day ahead
- whether I'm dreading it
or looking forward to it:
may it be a day I look back on
in peace...

I offer you this day
because it's the one you've given me, 
the only day I have,
the day i hope you'll walk with me,
the day I want to walk with you...

I offer you this day's burdens, Lord:
large and small, heavy and light,
and I pray you'll help me carry them...

I offer you this day's mistakes
- even before I make them:
help me avoid them, Lord,
and, please, when I make them,
pardon and forgive me...

I offer you,
this day's work: may it be fruitful;
this day's rest, may it be peaceful;
and this day's time, may it be blessed...

I offer you this day's smiles and joys
and pray you make sure
I don't miss even one of them...

I offer you this day's worries and fears,
the real and the imagined,
and I pray you'll be, through all of them,
my courage and my strength...

I offer you my tears this day
and pray you wipe each one away:
heal the hurt from which they flow,
the brokenness and pain...

I offer this day's challenges,
the ones I can expect 
and those that will surprise me:
be with me, Lord, 
and help me make my way through every one...

I offer every chance I have
to comfort and heal, to pardon and forgive,
to lift up any who, in need,
may reach out for my help...

I offer this day's quiet times 
when in my mind and heart 
I might turn to you in prayer, in praise,
and find you by my side...

I offer what little I might have
and pray, Lord, I'll be open 
to all you offer me...

Amen.

Be With Me Lord by Marty Haugen  

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here! 



Be with me, Lord, when I am in trouble,
     be with me, Lord, I pray!

You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord most high,
who abide in the shadow of our God,
say to the Lord,  "My refuge and fortress,
the God in whom I trust!"

Be with me, Lord...

No evil shall befall you, no pain come near,
for the angels stand close by your side
guarding you always and bearing you gently,
watching over your life.

Be with me, Lord...

Those who cling to the Lord live secure in God's love
lifted high those who trust in God's name
Call on your Lord who will never forsake you,
God will bring you salvation and joy.

Be with me, Lord...

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!