8/24/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 8/24



Nothing in the world, Lord
    is hidden from your sight...

You see all things,
    visible and invisible:
        nothing escapes your gaze...

Your vision is eternal:
    you see the past, present and future,
        all at a glance and in the same moment...

All this I know - and believe - 
    and yet, Lord, even at my age,
I'm still playing hide and seek,
    hoping to keep to myself
        what you saw in me
            long before I was born...
 
Image source

So, give me the courage
    to share in prayer
something I've tried to hide from you
    and from others 
        - and from myself...

As I share what I've hidden, open my heart 
    to your wisdom, your counsel and mercy;
and help me see - as you see, Lord -
    what you love, accept and heal in me,
        you who see and know me - just as I am...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
O God, You Search Me by Bernadette Farrell
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
O God, you search me and you know me. 
All my thoughts lie open to your gaze. 
When I walk or lie down you are before me: 
Ever the maker and keeper of my days. 
 
You know my resting and my rising. 
You discern my purpose from afar, 
and with love everlasting you besiege me: 
In every moment of life or death, you are. 
 
Before a word is on my tongue, Lord, 
you have known its meaning through and through. 
You are with me beyond my understanding: 
God of my present, my past and future, too. 
 
Although your Spirit is upon me, 
still I search for shelter from your light. 
There is nowhere on earth I can escape you: 
Even the darkness is radiant in your sight. 
 
For you created me and shaped me, 
gave me life within my mother’s womb. 
For the wonder of who I am I praise you: 
Safe in your hands, all creation is made new


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!