10/25/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 10/25



I found this photo online, Lord,
and its message is haunting my thoughts...

 
How much room in my heart, Lord, is rented out
to house the memories of all the ways
I've been hurt, bruised and offended? 
 
How much time in my thoughts is taken up
by rehearsing, again and again,
the stories of how I've been cheated?

How much energy do I spend and waste
on hard feelings, resentments and grudges
that keep me from finding your peace?
 
How do anger, pride, scorn and disdain
(stored, hoarded and carefully kept)
hold me prisoner within myself?

Release me, Lord, and set me free
from the cell of my unforgiving soul...
 
Unshackle my mind from irons of spite
that fetter my thoughts and my spirit...
 
Deliver me, Lord, and create in me
a heart made for mercy and pardon... 

Help me remember, Lord:
    every time I forgive,
        the first person set free
            is myself...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.

I posted this song just a month ago
   but  it seems like a perfect selection for tonight's prayer...
 
Forgiveness by Matt West

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!