3/14/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 3/14


 
Every year there comes a day, Lord,
    when the sun's warmth on my face
    and a fresh scent in the air
    on a soft and gentle breeze 
wake my soul from winter's sleep,
    turn my mind to thoughts of spring
    and permeate my heart with newfound hope...
 
And that day was today!

Though I had no doubt that spring would come
    I held my breath and waited
        - hope on hold -
    for the first signs of your stirring, Lord,
        in creation all around me
            and in my spirit's deepest depths...
 
There's more spring yet to come, I know:
    the softening earth beneath my step,
    the budding branches high above,
    the blooms of early daffodils,
    the rain you'll send to quench sweet nature's thirst
    and choirs of birds to greet the sun
    whose setting will come later day by day...

As you wake the world around me, Lord,
rouse what still lies dormant in my soul,
all that waits and prays a springtime of your grace,
    a reason - yes a season - to believe, again,
        in you and in your love,
        in your power and your grace,
        in your rising to new life
        all throughout the universe...
 
Every year there comes a day, Lord
    - and that day was today!
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 

Spring Is Coming by Steven Curtis Chapman
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 

We planted the seed while the tears of our grief soaked the ground
The sky lost its sun, and the world lost its green to lifeless brown
Now the chilling wind has turned the earth hard as stone
And silently seed rise beneath ice and snow
And my heart's heavy now
But I'm not letting go of this hope I have that tells me...

Spring is coming, Spring is coming
And all we've been hoping and longing for soon will appear
Spring is coming, Spring is coming
It won't be long now, it's just about here


Hear the birds start to sing
Feel the life in the breeze
Watch the ice melt away
The kids are coming out to play
Feel the sun on your skin
Growing strong and warm again
Watch the ground: there's something moving
Something is breaking through
New life is breaking through!

Spring is coming, Spring is coming
And all we've been hoping and longing for soon will appear
Spring is coming, Spring is coming
And it won't be long now, it's just about here
 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!