5/13/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 5/13



Mis- is such a powerful prefix, Lord!
 
I'm thinking of words like
    misunderstand
    mishaps 
    mismanage
    misfit 
    misread
    misguide
    misdoings
    misspeak
    mistrust
    misinform 
    misapprehension
    misgiving
    misbehave
    misquote
    misuse
    misjudge
    mistakes
 
All these mis- words have potential for misfortune
and I fear I've been their agent as often if not more
than I've suffered as their victim...

And sometimes, mis- implies a lessening of responsibility:
    it was just a misunderstanding,
    it was only my misgiving,
    or I must have misspoken...

But I'm responsible, Lord,
    for my understanding and my doings,
for my take on things, the guidance I offer,
    the information I share and the judgments I make...
 
I don't know, Lord, how often
   my misconceptions and miscues
have hurt and bruised my neighbor,
    in ways I need to own...
   
Keep me aware and alert
    to all that I might mis- 
and responsible, Lord,
    for all I say and do... 

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

Forgive Me  by Surgenor Music

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!