9/25/24

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 9/26

Lord, there are so many ways today might go, depending on
    things I decide and the choices I make,
    what I speak or keep to myself,  
    the truth I seek or the lies I tell,
    what I do or put off doing,
    what I share or keep as my own,
    how I love or avoid my neighbor,
    the time I spend in prayer - or don't...
 
My day might go in a dozen directions,
in a hundred different ways,
    - but wherever it goes, Lord, you'll go with me -
so I pray for the grace to seek you out,
to speak the truth, to do what's right,
to love my neighbor as myself
and  to  make and take the time today
to be with you in prayer...
 
Today's a day that you've made, Lord:
    help me make of it a peaceful day,
        lived and spent and shared in love,
    a day that goes as you had planned
        and hoped to share with me...

Of all the ways this day might go,
    may I go where you lead me, Lord,
'til day is done and I seek rest
    in the arms of your embrace...

Amen.

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!