5/14/10

Food for thought...


Image by Mimi Kirchner

H/T to at Art Along the Way for this quote from Barbara Brown Taylor in her book, An Altar in the World:

Most of us spend so much time thinking about where we have been
or where we are supposed to be going
that we have a hard time recognizing where we actually are.

When someone asks us where we want to be in our lives,
the last thing that occurs to us is to look down at our feet and say,
"Here, I guess, since this is where I am."


Food for thought...


Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

1 comment:

  1. I have tried very hard to live in present. When I got married and when I had my two children I did not and continue to not imagine what will be because it takes too much energy away from appreciating the now and it also can set you up for disappointment and sadness.

    My husband has recently been diagnosed with an illness that has reaffirmed my belief that the here and now are where we have to live and God will be there next to you or carrying you when you need a hand.

    Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!