4/30/12

Monday Morning Offering - 190


Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

I need a shepherd, Lord,
and you are the good shepherd
whose voice I want to hear,
whose voice I listen for,
whose voice I want to follow...

But sometimes I get lost
and listen as I might,
I still find it hard to hear your voice...

I offer you today
my desire to hear you call me by my name,
and I offer you my need to be guarded and guided,
to be led along the right path...

I offer you my longing
to be refreshed by your Spirit,
renewed by your grace
and reconciled to your heart...

I offer you my hope
that I'll learn to want for nothing except
what you offer and give me,
that I might come to see
how everything I truly need
comes, indeed, from your hand...

I ask you to guide me
through the dark valley of my fears
to the meadows where your peace is my joy...

I pray for the courage I need for today,
the courage which is yours to give,
the courage that leads me to depend
not on my own strength, but on yours...

Good shepherd,
keep me from evil when it nears my path
and help me to trust
that you are by my side this day,
this night and always...

Open my eyes and my heart, Lord,
to the ways I might shepherd others
whose paths cross my mine this day, this week...

Be my wise and gentle shepherd, Lord,
and at this day's end, tend my way home
to your flock, your arms and your peace...

Amen.

Good Shepherd Sunday by austin fleming on Grooveshark



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

1 comment:

  1. thank you for this-

    and for helping me to pray, even when I can't-

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!