6/5/12

Praying 10 minutes today: TUESDAY 6/4

Find a quiet time and place to pray... 
take a few deep breaths... be still...
and know that God is near...

A word to reflect on:   
Teach me, Lord, your way, 
that I may walk in your truth, 
single-hearted and revering your name.  
I will praise you with all my heart...  Psalm 86
       

When I make the time, Lord,
   to sit in this peaceful silence,
         you have my heart and my attention...
Even when I'm a little (or a lot) distracted, 
   I find myself drawn back to you and my prayer,
      again and again... 

But the rest of the day
   I'm not always so single-hearted...
A hundred things attract and distract me,
   turning my head and my heart in different directions
      and sometimes leading me away from you
         and off the path of your truth...

In the course of a day my heart has many suitors 
and some times I'm led down roads 
towards places
   not meant for me to go,
towards people
   not inclined to my best interest,
towards things
   not meant for me to have...

A single-hearted love is what you ask of me
   - and also what you offer me...
And I know...
   my single-hearted love for you
      has room aplenty for others whom I love 
         and who love me 
   for you are love, my God, 
      and all who abide in love
         abide in you...

In this quiet time with you today,
   focus my heart on you 
      and how you guide me
         along the path I walk and follow...

Help me see what is true in my life, 
   in my choices and decisions;
what is good, and just, and kind;
      what is pure and whole and worthy...

Help me see, Lord, the joy that's mine
   when I rest with you, talk with you and walk with you...
Help me see the peace I have
   when my heart is face to face with yours,
      when the truth of your Word shapes my days, my nights
         and all I do...

I praise you, Lord, for times when my soul
   single-heartedly turns to you 
      and your heart turns to mine...

Give me peace in this silence, Lord,
   and calm my restless heart 
      until it rests in you...

Here are some tips for praying 10 minutes a day.  If you find these daily prayer reminders helpful, please let me know - and share them with others.  You'll find an archive of these daily posts here.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!