4/24/16

Monday Morning Offering: 4/25


Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

Lord,
I’m feeling harried and distracted:
So much happening on all sides
and inside, too…

I need help figuring things out:
what’s important and what’s not;
what’s a priority and what can wait;
the difference between what I need to do
and what I’d rather do…

So I offer you this morning, Lord,
the mixed up jumble
of my completed and my unfinished tasks,
my lists of things to do that don’t get done,
my false starts and unmet goals…

I offer you all the things I put off until tomorrow
and then put off again for the next day...
and the next…

I offer you my unkept promises,
my promises to slow down, be still,
to pray,
to seek your wisdom,
to ask for your help…

Lord, stop me in my tracks today:
put the breaks on, take me aside
and sit me down 'til I take a deep breath
- or two or three…

Let me breathe in your presence,
let me lean on you
and rest by your side…

Refresh and restore me with your Spirit:
grant me serenity
and the peace that only you can give…

Help me discern what’s most deserving
of my time, my interest, my attention -
and what's not...

Help me see with your eyes
what I most need to see…

Help me know by your light
what you ask of me…

Help me do with my hands
what first needs doing…

And as I plan and schedule my week -
keep me open to how you’ll surprise me
along the way,
every day...

Help me do what you ask of me:
what will best serve you
and all whose paths cross mine…

Be patient with me, Lord:
be with me,
by my side,
today…

Receive my morning offering, Lord,
and with your Spirit’s truth and wisdom
bless this day and night
and bless the week ahead...

Amen.



 

   
 Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!