7/12/18

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 7/12

Image source

The patience of others always amazes me:
   the seeker, patiently searching for truth;
   the dreamer, patient for what's not yet;
   the sick one, waiting patiently to get well;
   the mother, patient with her fussing child;
   the athlete, patiently training to win;
   the angler, patiently waiting for a bite;
   the spouse, patient with an impatient spouse;
   the instructor, patient with a the pupil's efforts;
   the student, patient with finding an answer;
   the grieving, patiently waiting for peace;
   the friend, patient with an unfaithful friend;
   the suffering, patient with ongoing pain;
   the parent, patient with a child's growth;
   my parishioners and friends, patient with me and my mistakes;
   anyone, patient with the unknown, the unpredictable,
      the unmanageable, the unchangeable;
   God, patient with me so slow to change my ways...

Give me patience, Lord,
in my mind and heart,
in my words and deeds:
   with those around me,
   with my own limitations,
   and with this day's troubles...

Give me patience, Lord,
and in your mercy be patient with me,
be patient with me today...

Amen.
 

 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!