1/4/19

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 1/4


 It's only 1/4/19, Lord,
and yes, I know you're always telling me,
"Keep it in today!"
But with a whole new year ahead of me,
well, I just can't help but wonder and muse
(and anticipate in equal parts
of excitement, anxiety and trepidation)
all that lies ahead...

Some of what's coming I already know:
it's been long expected, planned and scheduled.
But how I'll experience that, Lord,
how it will touch and change me,
how it will change my life -
all that I need to put in your hands,
trusting you'll see me through
with all the grace I need
to get from here to there...

And some of what's coming, Lord,
(even some of what I think I know)
may be, will be
totally different than what I expect
and will have, will likely
have depths and dimensions beyond my imagination.
And all this, too, I need to place in your hands,
trusting you'll see me through
with the wisdom I'll need
to accept what comes my way,
whatever comes my way...

And then, Lord,
there'll be the totally unexpected.
In each and every year there come
those hours, days and seasons
of surprise and shock, of grief and joy,
of challenge and consolation,
of things I pray I'll never know
and those I pray I will not miss.
And all this, too, I place in your hands, Lord,
trusting you'll see me through
with all the faith I need
to trust in you and in your word,
in your constant presence,
and in your power and your strength...

3 days down, Lord,
and I know that you know so much more than I
of all these first few days have held:
of blessings you've given that I've received,
of gifts you've offered that I have missed,
of how, how well or how poorly
I've lived these three days
as you've called me to live them
in grace, wisdom and faith...

And 362 days to go, Lord!

Help me take them and face them
one day at a time
(just the way you give them to me)
and help me live them, every one,
with the grace, wisdom and faith
you offer me every day
to see me through the year ahead,
just one day at a time...

Amen.







 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!