3/20/19

Pocket Prayer for WEDNESDAY 3/20


If you'd like one of these pocket Crosses for your own, check here.  Each day this Lent I'll offer a brief thought here (Pocket Prayers) about how Jesus might touch our lives in this holy season.  I hope this will help all of us to be more faithful on our Lenten journey to Easter.

Pocket Prayer for WEDNESDAY of the Second Week of Lent *

The first day of spring, Lord!
And though there's no guarantee of springtime weather today
you can bet I'll be looking for just that
from now until the summer's here...

I'll be looking for longer days,
waiting for warmer temperatures,
scouting out green growth
and buds of beauty waiting to unfold...

Would that I longed for, would that I pined for,
would that I awaited with near as much desire
your arrival in my thoughts,
your budding with new grace within my soul,
your warming my heart in drawing near
touching my life as surely as springtime
touches and caresses the place where I live,
the paths I walk, the softening earth I tread...

As you bless and touch the earth this spring
so touch my life today, Lord,
touch my life, Lord Jesus...

Amen.

 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!