3/20/19

Pocket Prayer for THURSDAY 3/21


If you'd like one of these pocket Crosses for your own, check here.  Each day this Lent I'll offer a brief thought here (Pocket Prayers) about how Jesus might touch our lives in this holy season.  I hope this will help all of us to be more faithful on our Lenten journey to Easter.

Pocket Prayer for THURSDAY of the Second Week of Lent 

Perhaps
it was because yesterday was the first day of spring, Lord...

Or maybe
it was because I needed your mercy so much...

Or was it simply
a gratuitous, unexpected outpouring of your grace and gifts?

Whatever the reason, Lord,
when I least expected
and certainly least deserved it,
I found, I felt, I knew
your touch upon my life...

When I least deserved it, Lord,
which is, I'd guess,
precisely when I needed it the most
- and when I needed you the most...

For such great, generous unmerited love, Lord,
I praise and thank you for the mystery
of who you are in my life...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!