5/24/19

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 5/24

The Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dali

Like Dali's clocks Lord, melting away,
losing their power to mark the time
and their hold on the world around them

so my own watches and timepieces
fail to measure accurately
the passing of nights and days

but rather, unaccountably, 
time slows to a snail's pace
or races uncontrollably ahead of me

until I lose any sense of the day of the week
of the hour of the day, of when my time here
will finally come to pass

yet, a persistence of memories
roots me in the here and now
with an eye toward all that's yet to be

and  it's in the memories, Lord,
that time stands still just long enough
for me to thank you for what's history now

and it's the persistence of memories, Lord,
that strengthens me to rise and stand
to live in the present moment

and it's in the memories, Lord
that I find hope to anticipate, with joy,
the promise of what's yet to come... 

So be the keeper of my time, Lord:
of all that's gone, of all that is
and all that's yet to be, yes

be the Lord of all my nights and days
and hold me in the moment,
in your heart and in your love...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!