5/4/19

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 5/4



I know I ask for a lot, Lord,
and I complain
when I think you've been slow
to hear my prayer and answer me
- just the way I want...

And I'm often not satisfied when you send hints,
buds of promise assuring me that
you're on the case,
you've heard my plea,
that you're answering my prayer
- in your own good time and wisdom...

Open up my eyes, Lord,
to see all the ways you slowly but surely move
within my heart and in my days...

Help me notice every sign of how you're with me,
how you're walking by my side,
how you are, indeed, answering my prayers...

Keep me grateful for the gifts you've given me
and mindful of the ways you keep your word
to guide and guard me,
always keeping and holding me close
in the palm of your hand,
in the warmth of your arms...

Give me a grateful heart
for all you've given me,
for all I have
and for all you promise me, especially, Lord,
the gift of your abiding love...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!