6/18/19

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 6/18

Photo by CP

I thought it was the lake, Lord,
and the mountains 'round the lake,
and the rocky ledge
and the steep heights, studded with pines -
but looking back now -
I see it's something else I miss:
I miss the path...

Photo by CP

I miss the path around the lake,
I miss the winding walkway, cut through stone,
that twisting trail rising, falling, turning its way
through stands of pines,
keeping their silent vigil by the water
save for the whispers of their praise,
born aloft on every passing breeze...

Photo by CP

I miss the path, Lord,
the trail that let me pass with ease
through a valley's woods
and 'round it's azure centerpiece:
a lake of peace, deep peace
and prayer...

Photo by CP

I miss that path, I loved that path
because it led me everyday to you, Lord:
a path you carved to lead me right to you...

I know you've cut another path,
a path that leads to you, Lord,
a path that cuts a valley, a passage way
through the mountains all my problems seem to be,
a trail through the forests of worry and fear
where I can often lose myself and my way
as my heart seeks yours in prayer...

I miss the path at Georgetown Lake, Lord:
help me find again my path to you,
the path that you've laid out for me,
the path that leads me to your presence,
to your word, your mercy and your truth...

Just as the Georgetown path
brought me so close to you, Lord,
so let the path I walk today be the path you cleared
and may it lead my heart to yours,
with every step I take...

Amen.

Photo by CP




 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!