9/21/19

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 9//21


I've been thinking, Lord,
of how you carry me,
of all the ways you carry me:
    from day to day,
    season to season,
    year to year
    and actually, from hour to hour!

And how do you carry me, Lord?
Let me count the ways!

You carry, you sustain me with your grace:
    that mysterious nectar of your Spirit
    anointing my mind, my heart and my soul
    with your counsel, wisdom and peace...

You lift me up, you bear me up
on the love, affection and faithful help
of my family, my friends, my colleagues
and all my sisters and brothers...

With mercy beyond my wildest dreams:
    you pardon and forgive me,
    you mend and heal my heart,
    you repair and you restore
        what I have torn asunder... 

Dwelling in my heart
in depths I've neither found nor dared to plumb,
    you clarify my thoughts,
    empower my words and deeds,
    fill my empty places,
    give me trust and hope,
    carry and sustain me
    and lift me up on wings of prayer
        from day to day, 
        season to season,
        year to year - and yes, Lord,
        from hour to hour...

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!