9/19/19

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 9/20



Lord,
not a day passes, not a night goes by
but that you call me,
that you call me by name,
that you call me to follow you...

So many things hold me back, Lord:
my pride and possessions, 
my faults and fears
and the people and things I long for
and lean on as if in them 
I'd find the peace of mind and heart
I long for above all...

Help me find a quiet time and place
where I might hear you call my name
and in your calling hear a promise 
sweeter, deeper, finer 
than anyone or anything might offer...

Help me let go and leave behind
whatever keeps me from your love, Lord,
that I might rise and follow you
and in you find 
all the peace my heart can hold...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!