10/29/19

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 10/29



I need some peace and quiet, Lord...

I need a quiet place,
free of sounds, free of noise
- and with a little work
I know that I can make that happen...

But I need more than a quiet room, Lord:
I need some peace and quiet
in my head, my heart, my soul...

I need a quieting
of all the jumbled thoughts that fill my mind,
the tired, worn worries that clog my heart
and the totally useless fears
that taunt me day and night...

I need a quieting
of work that calls my name from desk and screen,
of obligations calling for my calendar and time,
of unsolved problems crying for,
demanding my attention...

I need the peace that comes from you, Lord,
from your heart and from your grace:
the quiet of the blessed peace
that only you can give...

So I'll make a quiet time
and find a quiet place
and pray you'll hush the furies in my thoughts,
brush the worries from my heart
and shush the fears that haunt me
night and day...

I need some peace and quiet, Lord:
the peace I know you'll help me find,
the peace that only you can give,
the peace to calm and quiet
my troubled, anxious soul...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!