2/2/20

Monday Morning Offering: 2/3

Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

There come times, Lord,
with more than the usual number
of loose ends, unanswered questions,
and forks in the road:
confusing times
when no effort will hurry the future
intent on taking its time
and making its own schedule...

These slow, waiting days, Lord,
are too many and too long
for holding one's breath
- and waiting for the other shoe to drop
just delays the work to be done today...

So this morning, Lord,
I offer you all my anxious distraction
and pray you’ll free my mind of worries
and fill my thoughts with peace…

Keep me in the moment, Lord,
in the day, the hour at hand,
and free my heart for this day’s work
this day’s garce,
and this day’s joy…

Help me trust that in all times:
in good times and in bad,
in joy and in sorrow,
in chaos and confusion,
you are with me always
and you'll never leave my side…

All time is yours, Lord,
and only in your time
will my past be healed,
my day be at peace
and my hope fulfilled…

Just for now, Lord:
make me more patient with others
than I am with myself:
let none be burdened
by my fretting and fears;
and restore my trust that in days to come,
all shall be well,
that in your time, Lord,
all shall be well,
all manner of things shall be well...

Amen.



 

 
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!