7/31/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 7/31



REMINDER: I'm away for a week and reposting some of my favorite NIGHT PRAYERS.  If you have a favorite you'd like to see again, let me know the date it first appeared. Tonight's selection was requested by a reader and first appeared on April 20.  

Sometimes I just can't get to sleep, Lord:
my mind races
   with thoughts of those I care for;
my heart is filled
   with ache for those I love;
my soul is restless
   with worry about tomorrow...

Help me find good rest tonight, Lord,
and while I sleep:
   watch over all the weary, the ailing and the dying;
   comfort all who suffer and all who tend their needs;
   guard all your little ones and those who've now grown old;
   bid your saints and angels watch over us this night...

Tend us in your loving care, Lord,
   and let us sleep in peace
to rise refreshed tomorrow,
   for all the new day brings...

Amen.
  
Watch, O Lord by Marty Haugen


Watch , O Lord, with all those awake this night
Watch, O Lord, with all those who weep;
Give your angels and saints
charge over all who sleep

Tend your ailing ones in your love, Lord
Rest your weary ones in your love, Lord
Bless your dying ones in your love, O Lord of all.

Soothe your suffering ones in your love, Lord
Heal afflicted ones in your love, Lord
Shield your joyous ones in your love, O Lord of all.

Hold your grieving ones in your love, Lord
Raise your fallen ones in your love, Lord
Mend your broken ones in your love, O Lord of all.

Guard your little ones in your love, Lord
Guide your searching ones in your love, Lord
Grant us all your peace in your love, O Lord of all.




 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!