7/8/20

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 7/9

Image source
 

The patience of others always amazes me, Lord:
 the seeker, patiently searching for truth;
 the dreamer, patiently hoping for what's not yet;
 the sick, patiently waiting for healing;
 the mother, patiently tending her fussing infant;
 the inmate, patiently waiting for freedom,
 the athlete, patiently training to win;
 the angler, patiently waiting for a bite;
 the spouse, patiently loving an impatient spouse;
 the teacher, patiently guiding a pupil's progress;
 the student, patiently seeking to learn;
 the grieving, patiently waiting for solace;
 the friend, patiently bearing with an unfaithful friend;
 the suffering, patiently living with chronic pain;
 the parent, patiently nurturing a child's growth;
 my friends, patiently living with my rough edges;
 and all the folks patiently dealing with the unknown, 
    the unpredictable, the unmanageable, the unchangeable;
 and of course, you, Lord, 
    patiently loving my unfaithful self
        and forgiving my foolish ways...
 
Give me patience, Lord,
 in my mind and heart,
 in my words and deeds:
     with those around me,
     with my own limitations,
     with this day's troubles
    and with your mysterious
        and inscrutable ways...

Give me patience, Lord,
 and in your mercy be patient with me,
    be patient with me today...

Amen.
 

 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!