9/4/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 9/4



I spend my life,
   all the days of my life, 
pursuing my desires, Lord:
      yours and mine...

Some of my desires are good 
   and some - well, not so good,
some are worthy of you 
   and some - not so worthy,
some are right and just
   and some - well, not so much...

When I live by your grace, Lord,
   in line with your desires for me,
      I know your peace and consolation
but when I live by my own lights, my own desires,
   I stumble in the darkness and lose my way...

It's truly my desire to live by your grace,
   to live by your word
and it is my desire, Lord, to live like you
   and to be like you, 
to show that I care, to kneel in prayer, 
   to live my life as you lived yours...

Make it my desire, Lord, I pray,
   to live by your desires for me...

Watch over my desires while I'm awake
and keep vigil by my side, Lord, as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace... 

Amen.





It’s my desire to be like the Lord,
it’s my desire to be like him.

It’s my desire to show that I care,
to be a friend, doing my full share
‘til the end, though it is so rare,
through rain and wind, to kneel in prayer.

It’s my desire to be a soldier,
yes it is, for his great cause,
to live my life as he did his.
it’s my desire to be like him.

It’s my desire to be like the Lord,
it’s my desire to be like him.

-->

 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!