10/18/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 10/18


Sometimes, Lord, even often, 
seems what I see inside me 
doesn't exactly match
what others see on the outside...

I disguise and hide my brokenness
and the walls I build inside 
keeping me from others and from you,
and from the person you're calling me to be...

Somewhere deep inside 
I'm dissatisfied with who I am:
I deny my own goodness and strengths,
I see only my shortcomings and weaknesses,
my gifts go unopened while my talents waste away...

Lost in a maze of feelings and thoughts
I can't find my way out on my own:
I need you to lead me and guide me, Lord,
to mend and heal me from the inside out
'til I'm whole and made holy by your grace and your touch,
by your Spirit, your mercy, your love...

Rebuild me, Lord, from the inside out,
rebuild me to shelter your presence and grace,
rebuild me to shelter your name...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me when I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Shelter Your Name by Danielle Rose



You are all I am not
You are all that I am
Break down these walls
Take all my brokenness
Rebuild me to shelter your name

You are all I am not
You are all that I am
Jesus, break down these walls
Take all my brokenness
Rebuild me to shelter your name


Help me forgive myself
Help me to lift the cross
I've laid upon my soul
Help me to look at myself
Through your eyes
To see all I am
And still be satisfied
Help me forgive myself

Chorus

Within my secrets, Jesus
There you reside
And I need you to reconcile
To renew all that's inside
For if I want to love you
Then with your love, Jesus
I must love myself humbly, too

Chorus 
 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!